22 December, 2009

...a horse.

Alright, we are continuing with the questions I've blatantly stolen from one Chuck Klosterman.  Nobody's answered the first one yet, but I'll let it slide because it's the holidays and, also, I don't need to worry myself over my (admittedly low) blog readership. :)  Anyway, here we go:

"Let us assume a fully grown, completely healthy Clydesdale horse has his hooves shackled to the ground while his head is held in place with a thick rope.  He is conscious and standing upright, but otherwise immobile.  And let us assume that - for some reason - every political prisoner on earth (as cited by Amnesty International) will be released from captivity if you can kick this horse to death in less than twenty minutes.  You are allowed to wear steel-toed boots.

Would you attempt to do this?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely not. I cannot believe this is even a question. Ugh, makes me sick...

Boxcar said...

I think it's supposed to make you a little bit sick. I read the question as a lesser of two evils. So it really comes down to how many political prisoners you think are likely innocent or at least wrongly imprisoned. If it's enough that the death of a horse is minor in comparison, then you kill the horse, otherwise you let the horse live.

I guess it also matters a bit how you feel about horses.