22 October, 2009

...lacking for things to do yet.


So, while I sit here not being employed, I'm taking classes online.  Thought I'd finish my degree which, by my last count, is about five years overdue.  I just had a final today, and I start another session of school on Sunday.  I get a couple days to not think about it.  Not that I spend all day thinking about it anyway, as it's been far too easy so far.

I almost feel like I should be worried I'm wasting my time, since I certainly don't feel like I'm learning a heck of a lot, and my classes, so far, have been easier than a broke meth addict you wave a fiver at.  I guess that on some level, it's not really important that I learn a lot, since it's not that I'm not learning because it goes over my head.  My classes are simply telling me things I already know.  What's important is that I get myself that piece of paper that says I can learn things.  Once I have that, I can probably get a job somewhere.

So I have a lot of spare time.  I spend a good deal of it looking for jobs (online, because I have Aidan all day).  When he naps, I either watch a movie or play video games.  It's really the only time that I get to do these things, as I play violent games that I don't want him watching and I watch scary movies that I don't think he'd care for.

Tomorrow, I'm gonna take him to the in-laws and go see Saw VI.  I've been looking forward to this for a year, since the last one came out.  And then tomorrow night my wife and I have a date.  I don't know what we're gonna do yet.  I don't plan things very well.  I imagine we'll do dinner and a movie.  Maybe she wants to see Zombieland.  That would make my day. :D

Oh, and I just got Guitar Hero Van Halen in the mail (which I got for free, thank you).  Hope it doesn't suck.

No comments: