26 October, 2009

...a person of Walmart.

Don't get me wrong.  I shop at Walmart.  It's not so much because I want to, but more because it's the only megastore nearby.  My stupid little town doesn't have a Target.  I do have a Sears Grand nearby, but it's just Kmart with a few extra appliances.  Otherwise, I have a Kohl's department store which is fine if I need clearance jeans or clearance winter coats or clearance t-shirts, but not so great if I want anything electronic that's not a kitchen appliance.  Oh, and let's not forget Shopko.  I'm pretty sure mine is one of the three Shopko's left around the country.  Mine doesn't even have the updated logo that's supposed to make you feel like Shopko is fancy, when in reality, it's just another Kmart.

Anyway, if you head over to peopleofwalmart.com, you'll see an abundance of "Walmart Creatures" as the site refers to them.  These are people who, through their own poor choices, are out in public, at Walmart, looking like...well...um...click through for a few examples.






 



Now, you might think, "Well, it's not nice to poke fun at the mentally handicapped."  You need to check out the site's FAQ.  They specifically refuse pictures that are in any way of mentally or physically handicapped people.  To use their words, "...we aren't complete dicks."  These people are dressing this way because they believe it is ok to appear in public this way.  One could almost argue that this is a mental handicap in and of itself, but I don't think that's what the site's administrators were talking about in the FAQ.

So I beg of you, when you go to Walmart (or anywhere, for that matter), pay attention to what you're wearing.  Don't dress like Animal, a mime, or one of the Village People.  Nobody wants to see you dressed this way, except for the purpose of making them feel better about themselves.  And Walmart, maybe you want to start enforcing some sort of dress code.  I know you're only a retail megastore, and that you are located in the poorest communities around, but maybe you could implement some kind of a Three Wolf Moon minimum.

No comments: